Various Physicals Offered by Our Pediatricians
What to Expect
Scheduling your child’s physical is the best way to take a proactive approach to their health. During a physical, our pediatricians have the opportunity to monitor your child’s growth and development over the years.
By staying up-to-date with your child's physicals, you'll be able to keep up with their vaccinations during their younger years, and can oversee any problematic health issues as they get older.
Our practice provides physicals for an assortment of reasons, whether it’s the start of the new school year, or they're prepping for the upcoming sports season.
Physicals Offered at Pediatrics of Northeastern Pennsylvania
How Often Does My Child Need a Physical Exam
- For Infants (less than 1 year old): We see all infants at 2 weeks, 2 months, 4 months, 6 months, 9 months and 1 year. Please refer to our Immunization Schedule for more information.
- For Toddlers (1-3 years old): Your toddler needs a physical at 18 months, 2 years and 3 years old. Please refer to our Immunization Schedule for more information.
- For Preschool Age Children (4-5 years old): All children need to have their 4/5 year old vaccines before starting kindergarten. Before starting 1st grade, most schools require the child’s first official physical exam.
- For School Age Children (6-11 years old): After starting school, your child only needs a physical every two years.
- For Teenagers (12-17 years old): If your teenager is not participating in school sports, they need a physical every two years. If they are participating in school sports, they need a yearly physical.
Schedule Your Child’s Physical Today
Whether it’s for school, sports, camp, or driving, physical exams play a vital role in monitoring your child’s health, growth, and development. To schedule your child’s physical with one of our pediatricians, please call Pediatrics of Northeastern Pennsylvania at (570) 346-1464.